Hey friends I’m back with another post after a hefty 2 months. pheww!!! Actually we’ve shifted to a new city so it took time to settle down everything but the reason that I’ve not posted any stuff is that I’M LAZY and I admit it. And hence I’m trying to get rid of procrastination and be more productive and for that I’ve been digging into websites and Youtube to get some hacks or tips for it and I think they’ll help you too so here you go:
First let’s see what does Procrastination means :
Procrastination – the action of delaying or postponing something.
Or you can just simply say that Procrastination is the thief of time.
Here are some hacks that’ll help to get rid of it:
- Make a habit of DIN (Do It Now) – Because sometimes later changes into never.
- Set a deadline for tasks – Yup! It is needed for sure. Actually Pressure is the biggest enemy of procrastination. And who doesn’t get pressurised by that deadly deadline.
- The 30-10 rule – This an awesome hack I used too. It requires you to work like a horse for 30 mins and then take a 10 min break. But remember don’t go beyond the timer. You can change the timings too like instead of 30 mins you can go for 40 mins or anytime your comfortable in.
- Set priorities – Make a ToDo list and complete your most important task first carried by less important ones.
- Do the boring tasks first – Yeah! you read it right. Actually we’re most energized in the beginning of anything so its better to finish the boring task first because it requires a good deal of motivation to get it done.
Now let’s see what Productivity means:
Productivity – A measure of the efficiency of a person, machine, factory, system, etc., in converting inputs into useful outputs.
Or simply Making most out of your limited time.
So here are some hacks that’ll make you more productive:
- The (10+2)*5 – No its not a mathematics problem. Its a really wonderful hack created by Merlin Mann. It simply stands for 10 mins of work + 2 mins of break multiplied by 5 times. It results in a complete 50 mins of work and 10 mins of break. And c’mon! 10 mins aren’t a colossal amount of time.
- The Red and Blue – According to a scientific study it is found that Red color increase attention while Blue color increase creativity. Now who doesn’t need an extra boost in these. Read about that study here
- Keep food near you – It works great. Just keep a considerable amount of food near you like candies or fruits and not your granny’s special turkey.
- A little pressure is all you need – Be a little pressurized and by little I mean little. Remember a diamond is just a chunk of coal that performed well under pressure.
- Exercise – Not that tiring session of your gym workout but just a 10 min warm up before doing any task.
- Motivational Pills – And at last but not the least keep some motivational stuff around you. Like these –
Thanks for reading. Like, Share and Comment.
P.S. – Thanks for suggesting this Mars 🙂