Hey chaps! I’ve been away for a while I think. A hefty 45 days pheww! So gets on the topic. It’s summer break and you’ll never want to waste away a whole month in watching T.V. and doing… NOTHING. So here are 10 awesome skills you should learn (and by the way who doesn’t like a bit of show-off ;). Here you go:
- Ambidexterity – This is the most important thing I’m doing this summer break. Just imagine you have a huge amount of notes to write and your dominant hand is screaming to you “Please forgive me! I can’t do it anymore” but you have to complete your notes. So here comes your non-dominant hand to help you ta-da! This video might help you to become ambidextrous –Become ambidextrous
- Learn Programming – Now get your hidden geek out! Knowing at least one programming language has become a necessity nowadays and it is fun too. But remember never ever think that programming is just sitting on computer for hours and that green colored 0s and 1s its instead like teaching your computer. Start with Python. It’s the easiest language according to me. Learn from here – Sololearn
- Learn a foreign language – I know, I know you might be thinking what’s the benefit of this. The benefits are – You can communicate with the foreigners who know that language and the most important benefit is that you can chat with you friend in the midst of a crowd and other people will just look with amazement. Learn for free from here – Duolingo, Busuu
- Psychology – Now who doesn’t want to gain extra advantage in social life. I know a bit of basic psychology and when I use it in front of my friends they just get flabbergasted and say “You’re reading my mind!” and you feel like a real psychiatrist. I found this YouTube playlist really helpful in learning it – Psychology by crash course
- Self defense – No… not like that kid from the karate kid movie. You just need to learn enough to defend yourself when in danger. It’ll help you to learn – Basic self defense
- Public speaking – Fear of public speaking is one of the most common fears in the world but don’t worry we’ll hack it! Public speaking guide, Public speaking (infograph)
- Body language – It helps you to hack almost every meeting, interviews etc. Here is the site that’ll help – Effective body language reading
- Learn to play a new instrument – Its been proven by studies that nothing relaxes the brain then playing a instrument. So go ahead learn a new instrument!
- Speed Reading – It comes very handy in school life when you have more books and less time. These will help – Speed reading tricks and tips, How to read fast by Thomas Frank
- Basic first aid skill – You never know when a person is about to faint so its better to learn some basic first aid skills. Here – First aid skills everyone should know
So that’s all for today folks! Hope this helped 🙂
Any feedback or suggestions? Comment it!